Monday, March 05, 2007

A Visitor

I think my ghost visited me again... and this time, he said it's going to be for a while. When I asked what gave me the honor of his visit, he said "It's to make you appreciate the bed of roses that people create for you to lay on." He took his bags, went straight up to my room and lay down on my bed to catch up on his snooze. And there I was, left at the bottom of the staircase, dumbfounded and scratching my head. He's like a tax collector... you never know when he'll come by to seek payment for luxuries that I've enjoyed.

So as to not bother my resting ghost, I'm submerging myself in my usual routine. Until he leaves and until I get over it. In the meantime, I will cling onto those people that provide me love and support... for without them, I wouldn't be where I am right now.

It's quite difficult to grasp the concept of not being dependent on anyone. Simply counting on yourself and not trusting anyone. I don't question people's innate capabilities to be independent... but isn't it, without a doubt, that we need other people as well? We're all allowed to falter once in a while. And during those times, we ought to allow ourselves to be picked up by our loved ones and be restored to life. To have faith in them when we don't have enough faith within us. And in this just world, we are also given opportunities to do the same thing for others. It's give and take.

So I reckon it's perfectly all right to admit that we cannot make it on our own... and that we aren't as strong as we think we are. After all, we're just human. We help each other out and we fulfill each others' setbacks. It's something that we don't realize everyday. We only get to unfold truths like this during the most trying times... and unfortunately, during the most painful times as well.

As my ghost stays with me for the next few weeks, I call out to the higher powers to give me strength to endure everything that he'll put me through. And I cry my thanks to all my angels around me (both in heaven and on earth) for always being here for me. Thank you for all the magic and the pillars of fortitude.

So to my ghost, welcome to my abode. Please enjoy your stay.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took me a while to learn that I do need other people. I thought I was fine without them, and to be fair, I was fine without company for a long long time, but then I changed, and now I enjoy the company of people, as well as need it to stay sane. :)

About your ghost though - I think I can live without that kind of company! :)

5:43 PM  
Blogger Narkissos' reflection said...

Looks like u poured ur hearts out in a moment of introspection ,or rather say catharsis.

Well to err is human ... and to seek for support from ur family is our social urge . Rightly said dear.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Narkissos' reflection said...

And yes i dont approve of ur moderated comment setup ....

come on .Give others the same freedom u relish.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You want freedom to comment on a blog, or is it just that you have to wait until your comment is displayed that bothers you?

7:43 PM  
Blogger Princess Banter said...

narkissos -- hope you're feeling special now... i "unmoderated" it for you :P

7:51 PM  
Blogger slipperdan said...

haha hello, thanks for e comment =)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Narkissos' reflection said...

Annonymous !don't u think Sir ,i can make similar comments about u being annonymous rther than revealing ur identity?

well! In ur case ,pre-disposition can not be cured.

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you're just being odd - I asked a question, I made no comments.

You're choosing to take it as an affront.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Ah......conflict me thinks

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home