Saturday, January 13, 2007

Words are all I have

"Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world." - Buddha

Words perhaps are the most dangerous and powerful tools one could possess. It's just that most of us don't realize it. We say things everyday, regardless whether or not it's good. We just don't think much of the fact that when we release a string of words, we can never take it back. We may be aware of it but mostly, it is taken for granted. And that is what gives us the power to affect someone else's life without us necessarily knowing it.

Mothers -- they have this uncanny ability to slice and dice even the strongest person in existence (even Hitler had a mother, I bet). Mine sure does, and she doesn't waste time using it as ammo against me. I love my mum to death... consequently, I allow her to affect my psyche more than I'd like her to. Why I do this is beyond me, but I do know enough that she is the only person I know who can take me down within milliseconds and stomp on my soul mercilessly. Funny enough, I'm not quite sure whether or not she realizes this.

Nevertheless, it all melts away after some time. How much time, I can't exactly tell. The same is applied to friends and loved ones. Once hurtful words are let go of, nothing is the same anymore after that. The burn is there even though apologies fly.

How much burns do we need to have to completely lose it mentally?

1 Comments:

Blogger Nasia said...

Forgive and forget .. Then we shud never lose it completely. That explains my sanity

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home